Links In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If they would be of interest to other pet owners, we will add them to our list!
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- AKC Breeds A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Cat Carriers- Friends not Foes A great video about limiting the stress transporting your cat.
- Veterinary Partner This site provides reliable, current animal health information provided by specialists associated with the Veterinary Information Network (VIN), the world's first and largest on-line veterinary database and community. Our Doctor utilizes the VIN database extensively and our staff use the related Veterinary Support Personnel Network (VSPN) site on a daily basis.
- ASPCA Lots of information about pets! You will also find a page devoted to the ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center with information about plants, household chemicals, and foods that can be hazardous to your pet's health. The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center Hotline is 1-888-426-4435.
- Indoor Pet Initiative An good reference site sponsored by Ohio State all about cat and dog physical and emotional health.
- Heartworm Society Everything you want to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- ASPCA Behaviorist Visit the "Virtual Pet Behaviorist" for free solutions to common pet behavior problems. .
- Center for Human-Animal Interaction VCU Medical Center This site has information on Dogs on Call (Therapy Dogs) as well as pet loss support.
- aplb.org Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement. This site offers variety of resources for coping with pet loss and grief. A Quality of Life scale found here can be helpful when trying to determine if or when a good friend is suffering.
- Pawspice For families with pets with cancer and end-of-life support. Under "Services" on this website, you will find a Quality of LIfe Scale--one for dogs and one for cats--that may help you determine when or if euthanasia may be the kindest decision for your pet.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other items of interest.
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including the Association's comments regarding use of on-line pharmacies, pet microchipping, feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health.
- Veterinary Information Network VIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community established by the Veterinary Medical School at UC-Davis. Our Doctor and staff use this invaluable source daily for information, training, and a variety of issues related to the practice of veterinary medicine.
- Healthypet.com An informational website geared towards owners and their pets sponsored by AAHA.